Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Values Response

After talking through simplification of my life with my executive coach- the next step was really looking at what I truly value in my life. See my post from 8.30.2010. I am so thankful for my coach as she always brings some great perspective to my thoughts. After looking through my values, we began processing through what this really means.

Knowledge- Maybe it is not really the knowledge although this fits right in with my theme of Input. Maybe I need the mental stimulation- new challenges! To me knowledge brings value! Stimulation may come through spiritual growth or intellectual growth.

How can I do this in my everyday life? Add new elements to those tasks or events which I do on a regular basis! Continue reading! Try new things! Talk with others! Blog!

Anytime you begin to look at your values, the inner critic inside will begin to come out! As my coach says- the inner saboteur! In the case of knowledge my inner critic instantly says "I don't have time!" Or "it's never going to happen".

The danger in not honoring our values is that we can never live in true satisfaction and instead live in drudgery. What knowledge will bring to my life is stimulation not stagnation! Confidence! Conversation starters! Soul food! Joy and excitement! Satisfaction. Sharpening and stretching! Out of all these great things the overflow will be passion, connection to others and perhaps I can even help others!

9.13.2010

No comments: