Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Strengths Response

After listening and digesting what several people close to me had to say about my themes- it was good to relook and see how I possibly could better utilize my strengths in some areas.

Woo: Use Woo by connecting! Every weekend turn the volume way up! When by myself with my family or with a few coworkers I need to turn the Woo volume way down! Turn the volume down as so as not to frustrate everyone around me. Also, Woo can make me feel like I am not being productive- need to turn down the volume of Woo at times so that I don't frustrate myself! I need to fell like I got something accomplished! DO not be afraid to use Woo however! I need to recognize that my ability to have people love me is valuable. I need to use this to make things happen but I need to partner with someone who has the theme of Relator or Empathy theme as these colleges can continue the relationships that I have cultivated.

Input: I need to be in the know- recognize this and don't let it frustrate myself! I feel like sometimes I am just a nosey person. Recognize this as Input and I need to keep posted on the news within the organization. Utilize this information when in meetings with others. Play scrabble because it helps me use new words! Subscribe to Word of the Day- it's o.k. to enjoy learning. It's not strange! :)

Positivity: Have I used my Positivity to cover my vulnerability? Do I try to by happy all the time and not share my hurts and beliefs because I want others to see me always happy? I can use Positivity as a mask. However, recognize that this can be a great theme! I need to remember to increase the recognition I give to others and try to tailor it to each person's need instead of just being cheerful- look at individuals. This can be a draining theme- I can become quickly sapped of energy by cynics or simply by always trying to be happy and positive.

Context: I must understand the past in order to move forward. Not sure of this always and in some situations I simply want to move forward and not necessarily tear apart old hurts. However with work, I do make better decisions when I understand the past. Keep reading history- it will help me gain insights to understand the present! So glad I love to read!

Arranger: I need to develop successful strategies for getting things done. This is where I get frustrated with my productivity. I do well in the ministry environment where there is routines but also a lot of different activities every day. I need this complex work environment but also need to have strategy is place to be productive in the constant changing environment.

(All theme statements taken from Clifton StengthsFinder published by The Gallup Organization, Princeton, NJ)

5.24.2010

1 comment:

Laura Springer said...

Joy, we just did StrengthsFinder in a class with Shelly Cunningham. I was amazed at the accuracy: Learner, Intellection, Ideation, Input, and Strategic. I think it's got you pegged as well.