Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Living the Simple Life

This was the quote of the day today on one of the blogs I subscribe too: "It's not what you do that matters it is what you don't do at the end of the day that really matters". This is just another way that the Holy Spirit has been speaking to me lately. My executive coach gave me this link and it is a very powerful video! Watch it!
It is sooo important to take time for those in our lives that are really important to us!! Do I want to focus my attention on my children or my iphone? Will it really matter tomorrow if I don't see what is happening on facebook or read an email? Not at all! I am so guilty of having my phone right by me in the car so I can check emails/texts when at a red light! So dumb! SLOW DOWN! That is the message I've been getting lately!! Let my soul have rest!!! How many times and ways do I need to get this message before I listen? I don't know! I'm trying! The real problem is that I have been going so fast for so long that I no longer know how to really slow down. Sure, maybe I will sit down and read for 15 minutes. That is not truly rest! That is not really refreshing my soul! It's a journey! I've heard the message, Lord! Now I just need to learn how to do it!

1 comment:

Brigette said...

"It's what you do at the end of the day that matters." Wow! That makes so much sense to me. The people that are most important to us get us at the end of the day. We need to show up.