Saturday, April 19, 2008

Upside?

Paul (my husband) got a job! Yeah! Then what is my problem? Why am I still feeling so down and discouraged? I feel constantly overwhelmed, tired, discouraged. But in the midst of this God has sent little encouragements my way. Thank you Jesus! I did very poorly on a mid-term exam. I knew I did poorly but was going to have to suck it up and accept the consequences. When we got the exams back last Thursday night, I was dreading seeing my grade. Well, I did do very poorly, however, my professor wrote a little note at the top giving me a chance to rewrite my exam! Are you kidding me? This never happens. What was really wierd is the professor knew who I was and I have never introduced myself (there are 30 students in the class). I really just feel that he has been an instrument in God's plan for my life. As I wrote in my last post, God does not author the feelings of failure in us. I love King David's psalm of praise in 1 Chronicles 16. "Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.
Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced, O descendants of Israel his servant, O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones."

In the midst of this really hard patch in my life, a simple gesture of a professor letting me take an exam over is huge! I must continue to look to my LORD and his strength to get me through this time. I must also remember to sing praises for the wonderful works God is doing in my life! I must remember the wonders He has done which includes Paul finding a job! Thank you Jesus!

1 comment:

Laura Springer said...

Well, it's a praise God week, eh. One of my bible study guys hit a rough patch over a very real theological issue--the fate of those who have not heard--and was ready to leave Jesus. He discovered life without Jesus sucks. He'll be back Sunday. Too cool.

Sounds like God is dumping a bit of grace on ya'll as well...Sweet!!

btw, study smart, not hard :-)