Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rainy Day Thoughts

Sad. Very sad today. Why? Is it because it has rained non-stop for four days? Is it because the kids and Paul are at home without me? Is it because Christmas is this week and we don't get to see all my family in Washington? Not sure but feeling is truly just very sad.

It's o.k. to feel sad. Don't allow myself to be sad very often but it is an o.k. emotion! I'm learning that I need to embrace my emotions and be real with myself. Urghh. O.k. had my little sadness party. Now I need to be happy. Come on sunshine!

Loved this post on Her.meneutics Blog. Lynn Hybels shares about the true meaning of Christmas. Maybe that is why I'm sad. I just need to slow down long enough to nuture my internal peace. If I truly have peace in my soul- I won't feel sad. I will be overwhelemed with love for my family. I need to take time for me. No, that isn't being selfish. It is time to nurture my soul.

No comments: