Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Decision Making 2

No matter how much volition, affection or intellect we use, sometimes our decisions are made by others. Sometimes this is actually prayed for as we are unsure as to how our decision should go- a clear answer from God is always found with a closed door. That doesn't mean that it makes it any easier when the decision is made for us by others. It still can smart. It still can make us question God. Why God? Why this decision? I did pray for a clear answer but why this answer? I'm quite sure we will not understand God's answer to our prayers here on this side of eternity. I can only trust that our gracious and loving Father has our best interest at heart and knows when the decision we would make would be wrong and thus has someone else make the decision for us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Joy,  I know you are weary of always being too busy, too poor, etc, etc. All I can do is encourage you to just press on!  These are the years you will look back on when you are my age and think how in the world did I do it?  But the Lord does give us the strength that we must have to do what we must do. 
Just keep on being our sunny delightful Joy and something special will come along for you.  The Lord knows that you need a break soon.  He will bless. 
You just keep putting you feelers out. 
And remember to really enjoy the job that you have.  It doesn't pay real well.  But you do enjoy your work, like the people you work with and get some free education.  You have a good job for you right at this time in your life or the Lord would have opened something else.  Just believe and keep on praying and taking steps. 

"When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD supported me.  When anxiety was great within me your consolation brought JOY to my soul." Psalm 94:18 19. 

Joy we love you so much and are so proud of you,  you are special, good mommy, good worker, always looking UP!  Don't stop.  We love you.